This adventure brought to you by the letters U, T, and A

So I decided to go out today and go to Salt Lake City by way of the UTA public transportation. I walked up to the bus stop on State Street and watched as the bus passed by. I was like, Ok, so there's probably going to be one in like 15 minutes, right? So I sat down on the bench, in the cold, with Nikki, and pulled out my schedules that I very smartly remembered to grab on my way out the door. I looked at them, and was like, ok, so I guess I wait almost an hour for the next one. So I waited, stupidly, in the cold. I played the dump the tic tacs out in my hand and count them out as Nikki put them back in the box game. Did I mention she knows how to count?! Holy cow! The things you learn killing some time at a bus stop! So the bus finally gets there after my fingers and toes are numb with Nikki nestled in my coat against my chest. You see, she's a bright little girl, she's learned that if she gets cold, just have my unzip my coat and pull her inside and get all warmed up. We got into the bus and I asked for a transfer right away. All the people I've talked to have told me get a transfer, even if you don't think you'll need it, because you might. So I did. We walked to our seats and I put our umbrella stroller in between my legs and held it there. There was another mommy sitting near us with a little handsome fellow that was almost two and the kids played being shy and peek-a-boo until they got off. Then we got to the Sandy trax station and we got off because that was the last stop for that bus. I shoved my transfer paper in my pocket and boarded the train. The train was kinda neat especially when we passed where Charlie was working. We followed the trax station all the way to center and Temple Square in Salt Lake City. We got off and went into the ZCMI center and got something to eat. We sat down to eat and I smartly decided to check when I'd have to leave to get back in time to get CJ off the bus. I was reading the schedule and was like, ok, I guess we gotta leave in like 10 minutes to get home in time!!!! ARGH! So I hurried Nikki up, went to the bathroom, and raced to the train, which we barely caught in time! I got into the train with Nikki still in the stroller and went to find a seat while the train started to get on it's way. I ended up pouring a drink all over a seat because the train jerked a bit and I hit the back of seat with Nikki's cup of Hi-C orange soda, so I apologize for that!!!! We rode it back to Sandy, where I expected someone to tell my transfer was up and I was going to be fined and have me have to start crying and let them know I would've missed the bus home to get my son off the bus, but no one ever came to check on my transfer. So Nikki fidgeted all the way to the end of the trax station, and then we got off and got back on the bus towards Lehi. I showed him my transfer pass and it was still good! We sat on the seat that had the heater under it and halfway home, Nikki fell asleep. She woke up on the walking trip back to our apartment because it was freaking cold out there and the wind was blowing!
So it cost me 1.75 to go to Salt Lake City and back. Even though I didn't even do anything there.
It was good for me though, it took me out of my comfort zone because I don't like not having control of the time I come and go and having someone else drive. So, not much of an adventure, but it did kill a few hours!
Hopefully my next adventure is a little more fun with a little bit of exploring or shopping!
Ang

Comments

Karilynn said…
Wow! You braved the cold and the bus and the trax and the trax and the bus and the cold... you are amazing!
Jessicah said…
I need more adventure in my life. There aren't any busses or trax down here, so I'll need to think of something else

Popular Posts