Family

I got around to checking myspace this morning and read my sister's blog. I read that my dad had been in the hospital. It did say that he was fine and came home, but when I couldn't get ahold of anyone at home or on anyone's cell, I started to freak out. I automatically assume the worst people, so you gotta let me know that EVERYTHING IS OK. I freak out otherwise. I thought, OMG, that was a pre-heart attack and now it's the real thing and dad's in the hospital in the ICU or dead and everyone's in the hospital with their cell phones off and no one thought to call me. So I was freaking out until I found the number to my brother's apartment and called it and got Tisha, my brother's wife and asked her. She let me know that Dad was ok, and that he was at work today, and my sister was working and mom had started a new job at Marcum and Wallace Hospital, so that's why I couldn't get ahold of her. So I got myself calmed down and thanked her for being there to let me know he was ok. I hope I didn't freak HER out too much. She's kinda quiet and I don't know a whole lot about her other than my brother loves her and she loves him. I'm just an emotional wreck when I think somethings happened to my dad.
Emily, my sister, did call me back, she was on a break, and told me again that dad was ok, they were all at work today and that's why I couldn't get ahold of anyone. And then like 10 minutes later Mom called me and apologized for not calling me when dad was in the hospital. I told her to let him know that I loved him, because she was off to take him to the doctor's today, he's getting some nerves in his back deadened, and to let him know that I don't care if he's in the hospital once a month for thinking he's having a heart attack. I'd much rather have him there all the time with false alarms than to ignore one and have THAT be the time he dies from one!
All in all, my family drives me crazy, but I love them like crazy too and it would kill me inside if anything happened to any of them! I told mom, even though I'm half the country away, doesn't mean I don't want to know what's going on!

Comments

Popular Posts