Psychotic Me

So my family and Jessica's family went to see the Veggie Tales movie last Saturday. The kids actually were pretty darn good considering none of them like to sit for very long. They all seemed to enjoy the movie. Then we went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. First of all, it was a Saturday, so they were busier than hell. And we were a large party to seat. So they told us it would be 35-45 minutes to wait. So we decided to wait. And we waited. And we waited. And we waited. A hostess finally came over to tell us that they were just waiting for a party to leave because they had already paid their bill, so we were like, FINALLY! So we waited, and waited and waited some more! And finally we were getting like totally pissed off because our kids had been soo good and finally they were becoming RAVENOUS and so were we and it was late and Odessa had already nodded off to sleep and all and we were ready to take our business elsewhere. Jessica mentioned that to one of the hostesses and let her know that we had waited over an hour for a table and we were ready to LEAVE. So they hurried and pushed together two tables and finally we were seated. Now, I think that we would've fit around a smaller table, especially since Odessa was asleep and Jessica held Joey. I ended up like near the end of the table. I wanted to be nearer to Jessica so we could talk, but I felt like everything I said was nearly screamed, so I didn't talk much. The kids all ate pretty darn good, probably because they were STARVING at that point. I just got a sandwich and fries, so I was finished pretty quickly. I sat there picking at the few shriveled fries I had left and Nikki decided that she wasn't going to sit in her seat anymore. So I held her in my lap, and since she hadn't had a nap all day, she was being ornery and wanted to be let down to run wild. I wouldn't let her, so I was struggling to keep her in my lap. She also wanted Alex's sword, so she kept leaning his way and trying to grab it and I kept leaning another way to keep her away from it. Charlie didn't hear Nikki crying for him to hold her, she kept saying Dadda, Dadda, and I finally said it kinda loud, but he still didn't hear it. He took CJ to the bathroom and when he got back I gave Nikki to him and said I was ready to GO. You see, I had gotten up at 6 am that morning to go to work. I had worked an eight hour shift, then went to the movie and struggled with Nikki a little there, and had then been struggling with her at dinner for a half an hour at least. I was tired, and my back was KILLING me from the fall I had taken on Monday. So I was getting a little bit cranky. OK, a WHOLE LOT CRANKY. Something pain will just do for you. So I was acting angry and a little mean when I told him I wanted to leave already. I just feel awful and a bit embarrassed at acting out that way in front of Jessica and Justin, but I was just so tired and so in pain. I just wanted to leave already. So I'm sorry I acted like a bitch, but that was the reason why. Oh, yeah, my period started the next day too....go figure.
Sorry I'm so psychotic people! Hope you all forgive me!
Ang

Comments

Karilynn said…
Hate to break it to you Angela... but the emotions you were experiencing were not those of a psychotic mind but NORMAL thought processes of a mother who is exhausted! Contrary to your belief... you are perfectly normal and acted so in this situation... but.. I'm sure you'll have a psychotic moment eventually! ;o)
Unknown said…
I think you were totally justified and you kept your cool way longer than me! I wished we would have sat closer as well, no offense to your hubby but girl talk seemed more fun, lol. We should do something just the girls soon. even if nikki and odessa need to come I think it would be fun. ok well call me or something and I hope to see you on sat for the party.

Popular Posts