A house is a home

If I would've known then what I know now, I would've BOUGHT my parent's house in PA. I really would have. Seriously people. They were selling it for right around 60-70 thousand dollars. A FREAKIN STEAL if you ask me. Especially when I see the price tag these little cookie cutter houses have out here in Utah. WHAT THE HECK ARE THESE PEOPLE PAYING FOR??? Dirt? A view of the mountains that you can only see on NON-INVERSION days?! What the heck are they paying for? Being stupid and allowing house prices to skyrocket? ARGH. If my parent's house that we had in PA was here it would probably be worth around 300 thousand dollars, and that's falling on the CHEAP side. It just makes me want to go back east where people ARE SANE. And they're actually paying for GREEN THINGS. Not rocks and dirt and unfinished landscaping.... My freakin RENT for my TINY, TINY!!! apartment is just about as much as my MORTGAGE for a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house in KY WITH A HUGE YARD!!!
Seriously people.
I can't wait til Charlie gets done with school and we move back to sanity.....
Not that I'm saying I want to get away from people here, I love all my family out here, but you guys are NUTS for paying what you do for housing!!!
Ang

Comments

Lib-Dawg said…
I'm renting too - I don't plan on making Utah my home...I want to head back to the east as soon as possible...It is a rip OFF for housing out here!!! I totally agree with you!
Karilynn said…
The grass is always greener somewhere else.... maybe you just need some fertilizer and to hang out a while!

Popular Posts