Gadgets and gizmos

I was flipping through the channels looking for something to watch when I came upon Modern Marvels. This is one of my husband's favorite shows, and sometimes I find it amusing as well. Tonight's show was about gadgets and gizmos and showcased some inventors. One inventor said that someday we'll have gadgets all over our house and that they will be friends with each other and with us. I also noticed they had a drawing of a toilet. OK people, I really don't want to be friends with my toilet. I really don't want my toilet asking me how my day's going. I really don't want it saying how I might need more fiber. Please don't make talking toilets!!! On another note they have little factoids throughout the show and one said the average life of a cell phone is 18 months. I find that funny since most phone companies will only let you upgrade after 2 years of having your present phone. It's kinda like buying a pack of 8 hotdogs and then buying a pack of 10 buns. Something or someone's conspiring here........or am I just seeing conspiracies?
Anyways, I like most of our gadgets and gizmos, even though it seems like they like to crap out at the most inconvenient of times. Our desktop computer is slowly dying. Neither of the CD-Roms work now, and I have to restart it many times because the mouse isn't working or the internet won't connect, or one of the USB ports won't work, or something or another. Do you know how frustrating it is to not have your mouse work?! ARGH. I'm using Charlie's computer right now, but I really don't think it likes me. It likes to freeze up on my or restart itself. I don't like Vista and frankly, I don't think it likes ME either!
Anyways, gadgets are fun, but they can act like 2 year olds as well!!!
Ang

Comments

Popular Posts