I'm back

 I haven't posted since 2011!!!!  As you could guess, a lot has happened since then.  Today's date is December 5, 2020.  First off, 2020 has been a terrible year for the whole world.  We are in a pandemic.  The virus is Covid 19.  It's spreading like wildfire and killing millions worldwide.  

We've had lockdowns, quarantines, mask mandates, etc.  I don't think life will ever return to pre-covid "normal."  On top of that, my mother, Lisa, died this year.  CJ broke his foot and had to have foot surgery.  CJ had his second seizure.  We've all tested positive for covid, and Charlie, Nikki, and I lost our sense of smell.  Nikki has hers back, Charlie can smell a few things, and I can only smell faintly every now and then.  

The US also had a mail-in ballot election this year.  Well, you could go to a polling location, but more people mailed in ballots this year.  President Trump lost so in January Joe Biden will be the president.  The US has also had a lot of riots and this year has been big on black lives matter (BLM) movement.  In Utah, we had an earthquake this year, and in our neighborhood, we've had a transformer blow up 4 times, and a huge hole dug in front of our house to fix a water main.


On a separate note, I'm pretty sure someone close to me will die in 2025.  Why?  Because my granny died in 2005, my grandpa Jack in 2010, my dad in 2015, and now my mom in 2020.  Like, what's up with that?!  My dad dying was the hardest for me.  I felt like I was going to die myself because my heart hurt so badly.  I miss him so very much.  I cried my eyes out just yesterday thinking of him, and my granny and KY.  At least I got to see my mother a month before she died.  I'm sad that we didn't get more time together, as well as my kids.  


I've been trying to learn Japanese this year, but it's slow going since I have to learn hiragana, katakana, and kanji.  It's difficult when a language has a different alphabet than yours.  

私 け なまえ あんじい。アメリカ人です。 わたし け にほんご が はんえさい ます。

My name is Angie.  I am an American.  I can speak Japanese.  (Or at least that's what I think I wrote!) I'm not sure if I spelled speak correctly.  I also don't know why in the first sentence watashi is written in kanji and in the last sentence it's spelled out in hiragana. Oh well, the limitations of inputting on an English keyboard and an English blog.  I'll have to learn how to type more things in Japanese.  

I switched to German to see how different that would be and OMG it's so much easier learning a romaji language!!!  Maybe that was supposed to romanized language and not romaji....  Anyways, it's a lot easier when you don't have to learn an alphabet.  German only has umlots to remember I think.

Hopefully, I can post my blog more consistently in the future.  

Until next time,

Angela 

Comments

Popular Posts