CJ

I had an IEP meeting on Friday for CJ. For all of you who do not have a special needs child, IEP stands for Individual Education Plan. It has a list of goals and deadlines that they shoot for. The meeting went wonderfully. It doesn't look like I'm going to have to fight for what's best for CJ, at least not with this group of teachers. CJ was moved into "Lifeskills Class" for this year. Everything in me last year was uncertain that this was an appropriate move for him. Everything in me now definitely SCREAMS this isn't where he should be. I moved to Utah to be close to a school system that should KNOW what they're doing with an autistic kid. *Considering they have "Autistic Units"* So I called an IEP meeting to see about moving him. They have to do a "diagnostic", where they observe him over the next month, then we reconvene at an IEP meeting to determine where he should go. I think he should be in an autistic unit because he IS autistic. No doubt about it people. He needs more than pull out speech therapy. He deserves better than to be digressed into a preschool/kindergarten setting which he is currently in. He WILL NOT be BABYSAT at school!!! I refuse to let this happen! So I'm super excited that it already looks like they want to move him. My only regret is that I let them talk me into moving him in the first place.....

Comments

Popular Posts